Kedakal previously known as Kedukal, was first owned by British Messrs. The land was cleared of jungle and coffee was cultivated in the year 1900. The ripe ‘cherry’ was pulped by hand power on the estate. The parchment coffee was sent to Tellicherry to be cured and the prepared product was then shipped to England for sale. Pepper vines & cardamom were also found throughout the estate. The process of coffee making has undergone a lot of changes since then but the serene & restful atmosphere around the place remains the same. The property is about 3400sqft above sea level.